1. I am a word of meanings three.
Three ways of spelling me there be.
The first is an odour, a smell if you will.
The second some money, but not in a bill.
The third is past tense, a method of passing things on or around.
Can you tell me now, what these words are, that have the same sound?
2. It’s red, blue, purple and green, no one can reach it, not even the queen. What is it?
3. What question can you never honestly answer yes to?
4. Feed me and I live, give me drink and I die. What am I?
5. A man went to the hardware store to buy items for his house.
1 would cost $.25
12 would cost $.50
122 would cost $.75
When he left the store he had spent $.75, what did he buy?
6. The more you take, the more you leave behind.
7. A woman shoots her husband, then holds him under water for five minutes. Finally, she hangs him. Five minutes later they enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
8. A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays for three days and leaves on Friday. How did he do it?
9. This thing all things devours,
Birds, beasts, trees, and flowers.
Gnaws iron bites steel,
Grinds hard stones to meal,
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down
10. It cannot be seen, it cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
Lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
Comes first follows after,
Ends life kills laughter.